Thursday, July 8, 2010

NYC

So I finished NJ and it was awesome! Hiking through marshlands across boardwalk. It was easy hiking and there was a lot of ice cream to be found. On the 4th of July it was super hot so i called the next ice cream shop along the trail and they told me they were closing an hour early. I packed all my stuff real fast and hiked the 6.5 miles in just under 2 hours just so i could get some. It was awesome.

Anyhow, my friend Miranda told me I should call her mom and set up a time to come get a shower and maybe a bed for a night. So on the 6th I called her mom and she insisted on picking us up. It was an hour and a half drive for David (Miranda's dad) but he came anyhow. I have met up with a couple of fellows; Cheeseburger and Six Course. We ate like kings and found out that it was going to be hotter the next day so we decided to ride the train into NYC in the morning. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Times Square, Empire State Bldg, etc. We watched Germany lose to Spain (much to Cheeseburger's dismay- he's from Germany). And saw people! It was great.

Today we did some work around the house (brought a fridge from a neighbor's house and switched trailors for their boats after figuring out how to get air in the tires) and worked on knocking down some of the bever dam nearby. As part of our plan to destroy the dam Cheeseburger suggested getting some guns. This sparked a trip to the local gun range and our sheltered German friend shot his first .22. While we were there I talked to a fellow who was shooting a 1911 .45 and asked him if my buddy could shoot it and showed him his target. He said yes. It was awesome. I got some awesome film of him. It was tons of fun. But that means 2 zeros. I never felt so good about it though!

Anyhow, its' bloody hot, but i feel good. The rest has been great and I am just amazed yet again at how much people are willing to do to help people live their dreams. Life is good.

1 comment: