Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Its been a while

So I've been through several towns since my last entry. Lucky for me most of those didnt have internet access... The one that did, Duncannon, PA, the library is only open for 6 hours per week. Yeah. Not 6 per day. I ended up being an hour late. Awesome

So some thoughts so far. Harpers Ferry= awesome. Maryland= awesome (the shelters are great, terrain flattens out, etc). PA= not so awesome.

My experience so far (and it could very well be that I'm getting burned out or something) in PA has not been too great. There is lots of big rocks that you have to jump from one to the other. This slows your pace quite dramatically. As a result you twist ankles, stub toes, and almost fall several times a day. Twists, stubbings, and falls I can deal with on any normal day, but when its hot as blazes, the flies and gnats won't leave you alone, and there are snakes all in the rocks; thats when it gets under my skin. Then to top it all off I can't get a hitch 2 miles in to town! Yeah, its been a tough few days.

On a lighter note, Boundless is taking some time off with friends for the 4th of July so I should be able to catch him. I think that will be the incintive enough to get my butt in gear and get out the move on. I have a lot of support from friends and family (and previous employers) for which I'm greatful. Now it's just a matter of me finding the gumption and pushing through this mental "wall".

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could write again. Good luck with PA! Hurry on up there ok? I'm hoping to see you in August! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete