Friday, May 14, 2010

Trail Days











So Boundless and I cranked out a few big days to get to Damascus, VA in time for Trail Days. It's a big shindig for all sorts of outdoors vendors and people interested in it. Yesterday we got into town about 12:30, got lunch (a double bacon cheeseburger, corndog, and fries), and set up our tents in "tent city". Tent city is a public area where everyone pitches their tents so they don't have to pay for a room in a hotel (since there are 2 in town). There will be thousands of people here- people who have hiked in years past, people hiking this year, and people that want to hike the AT.

There is a Baptist Church here that puts together a clinic where they have doctors and blood tests and all that. This lady went to town on my blisters! I'll put up some pics of those here soon too. I was going to take care of them myself, but she insisted and did a pretty good job- I must say. Other than that I'm healthy although I "should probably back off" and have a Jesus experience. If I do those then I should be right as rain!

Last night people were up drinking and smoking dope till 4 am then the guys that passed out yesterday at 7 got up at 5:30 and were talking. I didn't sleep much. So I got up and picked up the trash from last night. It was better than doing nothing!

Life is good. I'm excited to see what else Damascus has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment