Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trail Days Part II


So it has been quite an exciting time catching up with old friends from the trail. I saw Sly who I thought would have already been in PA by now... He was staying at the place I was staying at and came walking around the corner one morning as I was just getting out of my tent. It was awesome. The Christian movement is alive and well here in the town. They have done so much to help us- food, drinks, deserts, Gold Bond, tooth brushes, dinners for the road, showers, internet access, etc. I really feel like their motives for serving us are pure. I mean, its not like they can expect too much in return from people that are carrying their lives on their back (all 30 lbs of it). And they're always cheerful and helpful in any way they can. There was a parade today that basically is a big waterbaloon fight- the citizens of Damascus vs. Thru Hikers! It was awesome. You really had to keep your head on a swivel.

I think I will be moving slowly out of Damascus. It has been a good time, but I really want to get back on the trail. I'll miss Boundless, but I think it's time for me to get some alone time. Not as if I haven't had any, but the extended periods of time will be good for me I think. Its been a good adjusting period. Now I'm ready to get my head moving as well as my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment