Friday, May 7, 2010

30+







So Boundless and I were planning on taking 3.5 days to get from Hot Springs, NC to Erwin, TN. Yesterday the weather was great- nice and cool, the sun behind the clouds, etc. And we had done 13 miles by 11:30. And had done 21 by 2:30. So we decided to push on to the next shelter. Especially since it was on top of Big Bald Mountain and there was supposed to be a meteor shower last night. Well, we did manage making it to the next shelter in time to watch the sun go down (making for some beautiful pictures), but were so beat we just went to bed. 32 miles is a long way to carry a 30 lb pack. But it was a beautiful day and I enjoyed myself. It feels good to go ahead and have some big mileage out of the way. It makes getting to Trail Days in Damascus, VA a viable possibility. Plus, it made it so I could spend some more time with my mom. Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments: